5/31/11

Spicy Asian Fried Pork w/ Vegetables and Rice

I don't normally try Eastern dishes outside of work, there are my weak point. Yet on this day I had a craving for some of those tiny little pieces of corn (how to they get so tiny), water chestnuts, and spicy pork. So I ran up to the nearest grocers and picked up a few things.I didn't feel up to cutting a bunch of veggies and using only half of them, plus it would have cost three times more, so I just picked up a pack of pre-cut onions, red peppers, broccoli, and snap peas. It was called an Asian medley or something. 

I chose some boneless rib cutlets, marinated them in some chili garlic sauce (found on the Asian food isle of you local supermarket) after giving them a nice rub down with some Perfect Pinch, Savory All-Purpose seasoning. A little white wine, and Louisiana hot-sauce just because! And let that sit while I prepped the veggies.



I stir fried the vegetables with the remainder of Chili Garlic sauce, salt and pepper. I also put on my rice around this time. Adding nothing but salt, pepper and plenty of butter. That's the southern boy in me!
I cooked the meat in a separate pan at the same time. Making sure to toss it periodically so it didn't burn on one side.To know when their done just remove the fattest piece and slice it open. If it's white and not pink then it's done and if the biggest one is done then their all done. Providing that your pan heats up evenly! Which it should unless you're using an old gas burner that hasn't been properly cleaned in a while.
This is kind of a sloppy presentation but you get the idea. Mix your veggies and meat and dump it on top of the rice. Then mix it all together with your fork (or chop sticks) and chow down!

No comments: