5/3/11

Roasted Chicken w/ Garlic Potato Wedges

Okay, okay, so I'm horrible with updating this blog, but judging from my utter lack of comments I think it's safe to say that no one cares and this is solely a vanity project. I've been pretty busy lately but I'm going to try and write a few blogs at once, stagger their publication and hopefully that will sate my invisible audience. 

First up, we have Roasted Chicken with Garlic Potato Wedges! I don't have any pics of the process for this one so you're just going to have to take my word for it.  I slathered them both in tons of butter and garlic, a little rosemary on the chicken, some salt and pepper, a dash of lemon pepper on the chicken put them in some foil lined pans and popped them in the oven which I had pre-heated at about 350 then cranked up to 400. I put the wedges in first of course and I also poured a little red wind over the chicken so as not to dry it out. Then about 30 to 40 minutes later pulled them out and wah-la! I added sour cream to the taters for a little extra color. Simple yet delicious, a fancy time saver that would cost you about $35 bucks  in some snooty restaurant down town. Which (BTW) would have removed the skin and trimmed the yummy fat off the chicken leaving you with less flavor. I do believe in trimming some fat from meat, but that's mainly in the case of poor cuts, when you select the right piece of meat you are more likely to have no need to cut the fat. Despite what they say in magazines or the doctors office, some fat is good. It defiantly enhances the flavor of food and adds a natural oil when cooking. The absurd health-food craze that has overcome this nation in the last two decades has done almost as much to destroy good food as YELP! But that's another rant for another time. Toodles!~

No comments: