2/9/11

Heart Attack Special: Cheesy Bacon wrapped Chicken Breast!

I am a very meat and potatoes kind of guy! I was also born and raised in the south on a diet that was not very good for ones heart. Therefore I do not create meals that are by any standards considered healthy. I try to make a lot of chicken (or yard bird as we say back home), I also throw in some fish because well it's brain food and the inner geek in me needs all the brain help he can get. With that said one of my favorite things to do is find away to slap bacon on anything that I can. So consider this  little dish a heart attack special! 

It's a very simple concoction that I'm sure some one else has stumbled upon in their own individual quest to clog their arteries and the arteries of loved ones. I took a chicken breast, grilled it and wrapped it in bacon! Doesn't sound to bad right! Well as you can no doubtingly see from the picture below, I also covered it in a heaping helping of shredded American cheese and melted it in the oven! to accompany this cacophony of gluttony, I baked a potato and used the remaining cheese to make sure you got the message. You can also add bacon to the spud, but I thought that might have been a bit of overkill.

No comments: